How to Get APPROVED!
If there is one thing that separates Tampa Postal FCU from nearly all other financial institutions, it is how we approve loans. Firstly, many institutions still are not lending money in today’s economy. We are – in fact, we released an additional $20 million to lend the beginning of this year.
Secondly, almost all financial institutions look at only a few factors when determining if they will approve or deny your loan request. Usually these factors are your Credit Score, Debt-to-Income Ratio, Unsecured Ratio, and Payment History. At Tampa Postal FCU, we examine 30 different factors, including your loyalty and investment in the Credit Union.
We work with members personally in a one-on-one process when reviewing loan applications. No two members are the same so trying to fit everyone in a single lending process just doesn’t make sense (at least not to us!).
Some may say the way we look at loans is unconventional. Maybe it is. However, we’ve been able to help more members improve their lives and achieve financial success because of it. So while other institutions are using tricks and teaser rates to lure in people, the members at Tampa Postal FCU are actually getting APPROVED!
What Do I Need to Bring?
When applying for a loan at Tampa Postal FCU, you will need to bring the following:
- Your last two pay stubs (for proof of income)
- If self-employed, your last two years tax returns (signed)
- If you are refinancing a vehicle at TPCU from another institution, please bring your account statement from your current institution.
- If you are consolidating non-TPCU credit cards or personal loans, please bring your account statements from all institutions.
- If you are a new member, please bring two forms of ID and $10 to open your account.