5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT SCORE!
- Pay at least the minimum balance due on all your loans each month on time. If you are having money issues one month, call the credit union to seek other options, such as a personal loan, to avoid lowering your credit score.
- Try not to spend more than 25% of your available credit limit on your credit card(s). This helps to lower your debt-to-credit ratio and will improve your credit score.
- Keep old accounts open because your credit score factors the age of your loan accounts and credit history. Keeping cards with a $0 balance will also help your debt-to-credit ratio and help improve your score.
- Avoid applying for several credit cards or loans at the same time. Doing so will increase the number of inquiries on your credit report and may cause alarm for lenders who might think you are having financial problems.
- Obtain a FREE copy of your credit report annually at www.annualcreditreport.com and review it for any errors or possible fraud. Eliminating errors from your credit report will help improve your credit score.