Join the Credit Union
Who Can Join Tampa Postal FCU?
All credit unions are limited in who can join. Tampa Postal’s membership is open to USPS employees and their family members throughout most of Florida. In addition, employees from select businesses within our community are also able to experience the benefits of membership.
You can join Tampa Postal FCU if:
- You are a current or retired USPS employee
- You are a current Select Employee Group employee (see below)
- You are a family member of a USPS employee or Select Employee Group employee (see below)
- You are a household member living in the same residence as a current TPCU member and whom maintain a single economic unit
- You belong to one of the following Postal Organizations:
- National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC)
- American Postal Workers Union (APWU)
- You are a United States Government Employee or Retiree who works or resides in Lee, Collier, Hendry or Charlotte Counties.
In addition to the above, you must reside in one of the following Florida counties:
Baker, Charlotte, Clay, Collier, Columbia, Desoto, Dixie, Flagler, Franklin, Gilchrist, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Indian River, Bradford, Gadsden, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lafayette, Lee, Levy, Liberty, Madison, Nassau, Marion, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, St. Johns, Sarasota, Taylor, Union, Wakulla
Select Employee Groups (SEGs):
Tampa Postal FCU extends membership opportunities to local businesses within 25 miles of our Branch Locations. To find out if you are eligible to join the Credit Union through your employer (or a family member’s employer), review our list of participating Select Employee Groups.
How Do I Join the Credit Union?
To apply for membership at Tampa Postal FCU:
Please make a copy of your Driver’s License and another picture ID (USPS badges are valid)
- Include a check payable to Tampa Postal FCU in the amount of at least $10 ($5 will remain in your Share Savings Account to keep the account active and $5 will serve as the one-time membership fee*).
- Print and complete the following Membership Application.
- Mail the completed membership application, copies of two forms of photo IDs and payment to:
Tampa Postal FCU, Attn: New Accounts, 15916 N. Florida Ave, Lutz, FL 33549
- You may also stop by any Branch Location to complete your application or call 800.782.4899 for one to be mailed to you.
* Members applying to open a Checking Account must make an initial deposit of $50.00.
Important Information about Procedures for Opening a New Account
In order to assist the U.S. government in its efforts to fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, U.S. Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies persons and entities who open an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for the legal name of the entity, physical address, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see other identifying documents.